Friday, May 22, 2009

Week 3 reflection

The Last week of Senior Project in my opinion is the most fun.  It’s the most fun because we get to see our project finally come together and be completed.  It feels awesome to look at the final outcome and look at the number of hours that we have put into the project.

            This week was productive but also somewhat slow.  With only a couple minor things to do and painting we had to space out each detail so that we would have something to do everyday.  Monday we worked on the corner boards and the trim and then started to put a coat of primer on so that we could work on painting it the rest of the week.  Tuesday came with a minor disaster making Geoff unable to do much of anything for the rest of the week after spraining his ankle in practice.  Fortunately I was able to finish the rest of the painting in the next couple days.  Wednesday and Thursday I painted the gable walls.  On Thursday afternoon Geoff helped me cleanup the hut and sweep out all the sawdust and trash so that it was nice and clean.  Today I used as a relaxation day and to start working on my self-evaluation paper.

This week was fun and exciting and full of painting.  Everyday was spent either painting or priming the building so that we could get it to the final outcome.  As I said it was a fairly slow week and it got slower when I had to work by myself due to Geoff’s injury.  Overall I enjoyed being able to do this project and help many other people both present and in the future.  It gives me a lot of satisfaction to see all our hard work that we put into our project and that it will be important to a lot of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment